MoonKnight on Disney + First Reaction ( NO SPOILERS)

 

 Moon Knight - From Comic Book to Live Action...Finally!



    Well it's finally here, Disney+ 's newest Marvel show has arrived, and I have been waiting so long for this day. Moon Knight is the newest series to hit Disney's streaming service, but many may not be so familiar with its titular character. Moon Knight is a fictional character appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. Created by writer Doug Moench and artist Don Perlin, the character first appeared in Werewolf by Night #32 (August 1975). There have been many different storylines involving Moon Knight, that I could go on and on about them, so to learn more about Moon Knight you could check out his MCU Wiki page here (https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fandom.com/wiki/Moon_Knight). 

    For the first live action take on Moon Knight, Marvel gave us an amazing cast. Playing the Moon man himself, Oscar Isaac dons the hood, and from what we've seen from the trailers, totally brings this character to life. Playing Moon Knight aka the right hand of Khonshu (the moon god) aka Marc Spector aka Steven Grant aka oh just wait there's more to come, Isaac to me seems like an amazing choice to fill this roll. I am truly a fan of his, and many of his films including, Ex MachinaStar Wars as Poe Dameron, his most recent movie Dune,  and even his small voice work in Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse as Spiderman 2099, which he is reprising in the next installment of the film series. Marvel then follows up this great casting, with another great casting, Ethan Hawke. Hawke is set to play Arthur Harrow, a cult leader associated with the god Ammit, who sees Moon Knight as nothing but an obstacle, and seems to have some alternative motive we will probably learn throughout the series. These two playing opposing main characters, has made me even more excited about the shows premiere, so as I sit here and patiently wait to click play, will it be all I've hoped for as a Moon Knight fan? We'll let's watch the first episode and see!   




    *ONE EPISODE OF MOON KNIGHT LATER*

    Well, I loved it! I think the show its weird, and creepy. Oscar Isaac's performance already has me wanting more, and I want more interactions with him and Ethan Hawke. For someone who already knows and loves the character Moon Knight, I really enjoyed how they are introducing him. It's confusing, and I don't mean that in a bad way, I mean it as, the character has no idea what is going on, and we are learning with them. I truly think this is something that Marvel needed to bring to the MCU, not another expansion of an already introduced character. Without giving any spoilers, I'll just say I really enjoyed the cinematics of the show, I enjoyed how they transitioned from situation to another. I can't wait to see where this story goes, and I can't wait for more people to discover Moon Knight in all his weirdness and craziness.

    For me it was worth the wait, I think Marvel did a great job casting the perfect actors for these roles, and I can't wait to watch next week's episode already! Episode 2 releases next Wednesday, April 6th at 12 AM PT (3 AM EST for me) on Disney+ ! And to watch my initial reaction to the first episode click the link 




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGjJJkMIecA



By Brandon Gold of Nerdthusiast

Twitter @AGeekGod

Comments