Wes' Top 5 Comics for 2022: Nerdthusiast picks



 

Wes’ Top 5 Comics He is Currently Reading





#5 - Mighty Morphin' (Power Rangers)


 

This is not the Power Rangers you or your kids grew up with. Well...it kinda is! Gone is the campy, goofiness of the kids show you remember. Replaced with a more adult story line, plenty of action, and death. Oh yeah...Power Rangers can die. I originally picked up this series as a nostalgic thing because I use to watch it with my son. But after issue 4, I was hooked by the story.


#4 - Radiant Black



Radiant black starts off as a typical Superhero story. The plot consists of a normal guy having a hard time in life who finds a mysterious black orb that gives him superpowers. Then the story takes a twist, and it is much more than your average superhero story. Kyle Higgins does a great job in storytelling, which for me, makes each issue better than the last.


#3 - Daredevil



This current run of Daredevil is the best this series has had to offer in quite some time! What happens when Daredevil goes to prison for killing someone, and the Kingpin is the mayor of NYC? It's time for a new Daredevil to step in and help! I’m loving this run! I get to see Daredevil in a totally different light, as Daredevil comes to terms with his internal struggle of right and wrong.


#2 - Stray Dogs


What do you get when you mix "All Dogs go to Heaven" and "Silence of the Lambs"? You get Stray Dogs! One of the best original comic book stories I've read in years. Please be warned this is not for kids. This series came out of nowhere, and gripped me right from the begining. I love the suspense each issue brings. The current run called Dog Days, gives us some backstory of the dog of the first series. So Good!


#1 Batman


Bruce Wayne is broke. Batman's methods no longer work in keeping Gotham safe anymore. What is a Batman to do? There is a brand-new creative team writing and drawing the current run. Being a huge Batman fan, I was curoius as much I would love this new creative team? So far, I’m enjoying it! It takes Batman out of Gotham, and puts him in another country, with a new mystery to solve.


By Wes Stewart- Nerdthusiast Content Creator

Comments