NERDTHUSIAST: Wes' Top 5 Games to Look Forward to in 2022

Wes' Top 5 Games to Look Forward to in 2022

 



5. Prince of Persia The Sands of Time Remake

When this first released for the original Xbox I was so excited! The developers took the charm of the original 2D platformer and entered it into the 3D age leveraged with top notch graphics and the ability to rewind time if you made a mistake. With updated graphics and tighter gameplay mechanics, I am getting excited to play this all over again! 



4. Gotham Knights
Being a huge Batman fan, I instantly fell in love with the Batman Arkham series. It has been over six years since Rocksteady released Batman Arkham Knight and over eight years since WB MontrĂ©al has released Arkham Origins. Thankfully, we won't have much longer to wait. In 2022, WB MontrĂ©al will be releasing Gotham Knights to the world giving us the ability to play as Nightwing, Batgirl, Robin and Red Hood. I am so ready for this game to come out!



3. Cuphead in "The Delicious Last Course"
When Microsoft first showed us footage of Studio MDHR's Cuphead, I could not believe what I was seeing! The stylized animation looked like it was taken straight out of a 1930's cartoon. Not only did the game look amazing, but it played just as good as it looked. The difficulty of this game was turned up to 100 and I could not get enough! I must be a gluten for punishment because I cannot wait to hop onto DLC island for more in 2022!



2. Alan Wake 2
Since it's inception I have was instantly a fan of the survival horror genre and when Alan Wake was released it was clear it gave us something a bit different. The game instantly sucks you in with great gameplay an an outstanding story. The game kept me playing straight through to the end and left me wanting more. Finally, over 10 years later not only will we be getting more, but the series will also be leaning further into its survival horror feel.




1. Bioshock 4 (Title of game not officially released at this time)
The original Bioshock is my favorite game of all time! To this day, I still pop in the disc every few months and run through the game in its entirety. The city of Rapture and all of it's inhabitants (including the Big Daddy) keeps me coming back time and time again. The last release in the series, Bioshock Infinite, was better than the sequel, but not as good as the original in my opinion. However, playing Infinite really made me miss the city of Rapture. With the new Bioshock looming the rumors are pointing towards a new Rapture-like city, but taking place in an Artic tundra. Will this next entry into the series replace the original Bioshock as my favorite game of ever? Only time will tell...

Written By: Wesley Stewart
Exclusively for Nerdthusiast

Comments